Reliable birth control for carefree sexual intercourse while retaining your natural cycle
Durable, tried-and-tested birth control
Over 200 million women all over the world use an IUD to prevent conception. That makes the IUD or ‘coil’ the most common method of contraception. This website offers information about the Flexi-T, the woman-friendly copper IUD: how this IUD works, its advantages and disadvantages, and which women can use it effectively. The Flexi-T is used by over 1 million women all over the world – and that’s more than 1 million satisfied users.
Who is the Flexi-T® designed for?
In principle, the Flexi-T is suitable for most women during their reproductive period (from first menstruation to menopause), except in cases involving uterine abnormalities. Your GP or gynaecologist will be able to tell you for sure. The Flexi-T is ideal for women who want to opt for long-term, carefree protection from pregnancy without using hormonal birth control. The Flexi-T is also suitable for women who are breastfeeding, for contraception between pregnancies, or as an alternative to sterilisation.
How reliable is the Flexi-T®
The Flexi-T is very reliable. There is a minimal risk (less than 1%) of pregnancy. In practice, the Flexi-T is more reliable than the pill. This also applies to emergency contraception; copper IUD’s are more effective than the “morning after pil”.
Advantages of the Flexi-T®
- Flexi-T is very small and flexible
- Flexi-T is easily inserted with relatively no discomfort
- Flexi-T uses a narrow insertion tube (3.5 mm)
- Flexi-T does not use a plunger, so there is negligible risk of perforation
- Flexi-T is designed to fit comfortably
- Flexi-T is reliable
- Flexi-T does not contain any hormones
- Flexi-T is suitable for use by most women
- Flexi-T offers protection as soon as it’s in place – and the protection lasts
for 5 years
- Fully fertile again immediately after removal